Careers Learning Links
The Careers Enrichment & Engagement Team are proud to offer our students quality careers advice, impartial information and unique experiences throughout the year.
Students can greater develop their knowledge around careers and further studies by following the links below:
START - Online Careers and Learning Resource
Whatever year your child is in, help them to explore their future career and education options at home by encouraging them to use Start – a fantastic online careers learning resource. Start is accessible anytime on computers and compatible mobile and tablet devices, and is designed to enable young people to make excellent choices about their futures. Start allows young people to:
- Find jobs that match their skills, qualities, interests and work preferences.
- Understand what different careers are like, including earning potential and the qualifications required to get in.
- Search live, local apprenticeship opportunities matched to their areas of interest.
- See which businesses are recruiting in their area in order to understand local employment demand when making decisions about careers.
For All Year Groups
- Start Careers Platform – Local and national careers resource.
- National Careers Service – General careers advice & guidance.
- Barclays Life Skills (for students) – Comprehensive guide to workplace skills: CV writing, interview skills…
- Barclays Life Skills (for parents) – A new page designed to help you support your child during the current situation.
- Subject Guide – How the subjects you study link to the workplace.
- Careers in the NHS
- Careers Information for Leeds & West Yorkshire – Exciting jobs on your doorstep.
- Careers in Film & TV
- Careers in Construction
For Year 11 & Sixth Form
- UCAS – Information, advice & admission services to Post 18 education.
- Unifrog – One stop shop to prepare students for course choice at school and beyond.
- Year 11 General Information – A round-up of all the latest information and advice available for Year 11 students from START.
- Year 13 General Information – A round-up of all the latest information and advice available for Year 13 students from START.
- How to Find an Apprenticeship
- Sixth Form Students Interactive Apprenticeship Guide
- Apprenticeship Pack for 16 – 19 Year Olds
- Not Going to University – Alternative routes for after Post 16 study.