Red Kite Alliance
Roundhay School is a member of the Red Kite Alliance. A Teaching School Alliance, is a partnership of Yorkshire schools and institutions (45 in total). It spans across all phases: primary, secondary and special, from inner-city locations to rural contexts, that have come together to share skills, experience, talent and capacity to help improve the learning and achievement of young people across Yorkshire and the Humber.
The Alliance provides nationally accredited and bespoke leadership, training, support, research and development opportunities to school staff across the region. It has a bank of nationally and regionally recognised experts within the Alliance that can act as a task force to help schools and individuals in need of support.
What is a Teaching School?
The Teaching Schools’ model is part of the Government’s move to give outstanding schools a leading role in the training and development of teachers and support staff. Like Teaching Hospitals, the aim of Teaching Schools are to create a ‘self-improving’ system that nurtures excellence and best practice. Teaching Schools will lead the way in enhancing teaching and learning practices and will take much greater responsibility for coordinating and delivering ‘on the job’ teacher training, previously led by universities.
Red Kite Teaching School Alliance members have a shared moral purpose to work together to improve the learning and achievement of all the young people in their schools and to support other schools in the region to do the same. This will be achieved by pursuing excellence in teaching and learning across Yorkshire and the Humber by offering training, support, research and development that is “by schools for schools”.
We firmly believe that we are ‘stronger together’ and that partnership and collaboration between practicing teachers in different schools is the only way to continually develop and improve teaching and learning for the benefit of students, parents and the communities in which we work.
Aims and Objectives
The Alliance values:
- The moral purpose of leaders that drives the partnership to help others and be professionally generous in all aspects of our work as we strive for Excellence in relation to all aspects of delivering education and support to young people and adults
- The relationships between partners that are the foundation for the Alliance’s existence and success
- Equality of opportunity for all young people and the staff who work in our schools
- Fairness towards each other as partners and towards our associates and the individuals we work with
- Transparency and probity, particularly in relation to financial matters and in accordance with Financial Principles
- The unique nature of each school and its place within its own community
- The needs of other schools and young people beyond our own schools and Alliance
- Openness and trust that enables and supports effective partnership working
- The contribution that other organisations such as LAs, other education providers, charitable bodies etc. make to the school system and the success and safety of young people
- Effective governance that ensures our values and aims are adhered to and delivered upon
The Alliance aims to:
- Develop an effective and sustainable alliance that helps deliver improved outcomes for young people
- Be part of system wide improvement that creates a better future for all
- Provide outstanding opportunities for staff within and beyond the Alliance to develop their leadership skills, experience and confidence including the delivery of licensed programmes from the National College for School Leadership
- Provide and broker outstanding training and development opportunities for staff within and beyond the Alliance that support the achievement of excellence in terms of learner outcomes
- Broker the supply of system leaders such as National Leaders in Education (NLEs), Local Leaders in Education (LLEs) and Specialist Leaders in Education (SLEs)
- Ensure the supply of outstanding new teachers in to the profession through effective ITE
- Provide school to school support that gives additional capacity to ensure that all schools can be strong and successful schools meeting the needs within their own context
- Work together on succession planning to ensure that schools within and beyond the partnership can continue to be effectively led and managed
- Engage in research and development work that contributes to a more evidence based approach to school improvement
To find out more, visit their website below or call : 01423 535 646
Happy Yorkshire Day everyone! 🥰 https://t.co/MLrYhusH0K
We love seeing posts like this from trainees starting with us in September who are already preparing for their PGCE and transformation into a superhero! 😍 #teacherschangetheworld #teachertraining https://t.co/tMEYKrhtCh
The government has launched a new multi-million pound strategy to speed up diagnosis and improve support and care for autistic people. This will help the many children and young people in educational settings. https://t.co/drVUoVT3BY