Friends of Roundhay
Our work within the local community is important to us
Roundhay School’s community agenda aims to enrich the education and experience of our pupils, parents and staff. We have a responsibility to develop our pupils’ understanding of how they can contribute positively to the lives of those living and working in our local community and the wider society. Read more about Careers, Enrichment and Engagement: responsible for organising a wide variety of events that help pupils achieve their potential and equip them to move through the working world.
Roundhay School endeavours to play a pivotal role within the local community through:
- leading community events and projects;
- providing a community service;
- offering community learning opportunities;
- initiating collaborative partnerships.
We are a Leeds Rhinos Ambassador School. This is a unique partnership, which encourages students and their families to take advantage of a range of events and offers including discounted tickets to games and the opportunity to represent the school in exciting activities. Members of the Leeds Rhinos have been teaching rugby skills to Secondary and Primary Pupils.
Friends of Roundhay
The Friends of Roundhay School is our parent-staff association (PSA) which aims to bring the school together through various social events throughout the school calendar. The events are always very popular and a great way of getting to know everyone and feeling part of our school community. Our aims are:
- To raise money to contribute to and support the education, inclusion and well-being of the school’s pupils.
- We also aim to be a route for information sharing and communication, both within the internal school community and the wider community, where we support local community groups and charities.
- We create opportunities for parents and staff to meet in a more informal way (a relaxed social environment) at school, enabling conversation, acquaintances and friendships to be struck.
The main events we hold across both campuses include our Curry Night, the Inter-Primary School Football competition with car boot sale, the Primary Summer Fair and the Christmas Craft Fair.
If you are interested in helping at FoRS events or want to join in with FoRS activities in any way, or you want to update your details, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will reply as soon as we can. You can also find us on social media: Twitter: @RSch_FORS Facebook: FORS: Friends of Roundhay School Instagram: @roundhay_school
FoRS as an organisation: FoRS is a charity, registered with the Charity Commission, with the number: 1003469 . You can read the constitution of FoRS, which is in the form recommended by the UK organisation for PTAs and PSAs, Parentkind below. If you are a parent or carer of a Roundhay School pupil or a member of staff at the school, you are automatically a member of the association and we will send you information about our events and meetings via normal school communications.
The FoRs Committee Members (Trustees):
- Chair: Doug Roberts, Estates Manager
- Vice-Chair: Alison Young, parent
- Secretary: Jo-Anne Durbin, parent
- Treasurer: Sam Turner, Finance 2º School Liaison Officer: Tina Parson, Assistant Headteacher 1º School Liaison Officer: Rachel Archbold,
- Primary TA Communications Officers: Charanjit Patel and Hannah Ross, parents
RT @MissGJackson1: Remember that you can complete our special Story Hunt any day this week. We would LOVE to see some pictures of you comp…
RT @RhayPrimaryHead: All aboard! Our biggest school trip yet! We are (virtually) taking all 453 children to London next Friday! More inform…
RT @RoundhaySchool: Congratulations to all those who have received a Year 7 place for September at Roundhay School 🎉👋 Please visit our ded…