Advice for schools on how to prepare for Brexit

The government has recently published Brexit guidance for schools, advising us of actions we should take before 31 October. We have been advised to inform the parents/carers of students who are citizens of other EU or EEA countries, or Switzerland that they may need to apply to the EU Settlement Scheme to continue living in the UK beyond 31 December 2020.
You do not need to apply if you have:
- Indefinite leave to enter the UK
- Indefinite leave to remain in the UK
- British or Irish citizenship (including ‘dual citizenship’)
You are advised to read the guidance on the EU settlement scheme to find out who needs to apply: https://www.gov.uk/settled-status-eu-citizens-families.
Leeds City Council would also like us to make you aware of the support available in Leeds:
(1) Leeds City Council website: https://www.leeds.gov.uk/Brexit
(2) Leeds City Council Hubs across the city whose services include document scanning and digital assistance.
The closest of these hubs to school are:
Compton Centre Community Hub, Harehills Lane, Leeds LS9 7BG
Reginald Centre Community Hub, 263 Chapletown Road, Leeds LS7 3EX
(3) St Vincents drop-ins on Thursdays
(4) Leeds Migration team, who can be contacted by email (Henriette.mahamane@leeds.gov.uk)